Curside Questions

Visionaries:

Curbside customers have asked several good questions regarding the new curbside recycling service.  Thought some of you may have had the same questions.

Question:    May I use reusable cloth, canvas or plastic bags when setting out my commodities each week?

Answer:    Currently, Moscow Recycling is researching the costs, etc., of providing customers with reusable bags on a request basis.  If you use your own reusable canvas, mesh or plastic bag, the curbside driver will automatically leave these reusable bags in your bin.  If you use paper grocery sacks to set out commodities, these will be recycled and will not be left in the bin for reuse.

Question:  I set my recycling bins out at the same time and location as my garbage cans, but my only my trash was collected.  My recyclables were missed.  What happened?

Answer:  Although recycling service occurs on the same day as garbage collection service, recyclables may be collected at an earlier time.  To ensure uninterrupted service, please place recyclables out no later than 7a.m.

Question:    What if I do not have a full bin of commodities each week?

Answer:    To make collection activities more efficient, we encourage curbside customers to set out only full bins.

Question:    What if I have too many commodities to set out in one bin?

Answer:    If necessary, feel free to use both bins as long as you set out the correct commodities for that week's collection.

Question:  Can I recycle wax coated paper-board milk cartons?

Answer:  Yes, wax coated paper-board milk cartons can be commingled with mixed waste paper.

Back to TOC