9th annual Paradise Creek Clean-up

To celebrate Earth Day and stewardship of Paradise Creek, the
Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute (PCEI) is sponsoring the 9th
Annual Paradise Creek Clean-Up Day on Saturday, April 17, 1999.  Everyone
is welcome to participate.

Over the past 9 years, over 2,000 volunteers have cleaned more than 40 tons
of waste out of Paradise Creek.  This year we will be picking up
accumulated trash and garbage within the Paradise Creek watershed on both
sides of the state line, not just along the stream corridor.   Volunteers
will also be celebrating the one year anniversary of the Bill Chipman
Palouse Trail by cleaning up sections of the stream along the trail.  PCEI
needs your help to cleanup the stream so come join us.

We will meet at Mountain View at 9:30 am.  At that time PCEI will assign
you to a "trashed" section of stream.  After the stream cleanup volunteers
can return to Mountain View Park to enjoy a bowl of chili provided by PCEI .

Support for this year's clean-up is being provided by the City of Moscow,
Latah Sanitation,  Idaho Division of Environmental Quality,  Whitman County
Parks & Recreation, and  contributions from individual PCEI members.

For more information, call PCEI at (208) 882-1444 or <peggy931@uidaho.edu>.

Thomas C. Lamar, Executive Director

Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
P O Box 8596; 112 West 4th St; Suite #1
Moscow ID 83843-1096
Phone (208)882-1444; Fax (208)882-8029
url:  http://www.moscow.com/pcei

Please Note our individual staff email addresses below:

Thomas C. Lamar, Executive Director: lamar@pcei.org
Kathleen Lester, Office Manager/Environmental Education: lester@pcei.org
Laurie Gardes, Financial Manager:  gardes@turbonet.com
Anita Grover, Watersheds: grover@pcei.org
Colette DePhelps, Community Food Systems: dephelps@pcei.org
Peggy Adams, Watersheds/Food Systems: peggy931@uidaho.edu
Jon Barrett, Idaho Smart Growth:  smartgro@micron.net
Elaine Clegg, Idaho Smart Growth:  eclegg@micron.net

Celebrating thirteen years of connecting people, place and community.