Re: Comp time

Ron Force (rforce@uidaho.edu)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:13:52 -0700

I was going to mention earlier that university faculty and other staff
in the "exempt" category are not subject to the rules applying to
"classified" positions. In particular, they do not accrue "comp" time,
and are not eligible for overtime. As I tell my faculty: "you're a
faculty member 24 hours per day, seven days per week". You get to set
your own schedules, and work as long as your responsibilities take. In
the great majority of cases this greatly exceeds 40 hours per week, and
takes in many evenings and week-ends.

Under these rules, anytime I post is "company time". On the other hand,
I'm sure the state would approve of my sharing my "unique expertise"
with the citizens I'm paid to serve... :-)

--
Ron Force				rforce@uidaho.edu
Dean of Library Services		(208) 885-6534