Live chat with author Mark Pendergrast

CORRTJ will host a live chatroom discussion with author Mark Pendergrast on Monday December 2, 2002 at 2:00PM EST/ 11:00AM PST. You can participate in this discussion at http://www.fcrjquaker.org/gochat.html
There will be a one hour time restriction on this discussion. The focus on this discussion will be reconciliation within families that have been torn apart by allegations of sexual abuse and other issues which divide families. We will focus on implementing the principles and values of restorative justice into these painful and emotional conflicts.

Pendergrast who lives in Colchester, Vermont is the author of Victims of Memory a detailed look at the harm that can occur in cases of false allegations of sexual abuse. Pendergrast recently lead a roundtable discussion on reconciliation at a conference co-hosted by the False Memory Syndrome Foundation. He is in the planning stages of  writing a book which focuses on families that have are working through a process of reconciliation. His interests include cases where the "victim" recants their allegations; instances where the victim and parents, siblings, etc. agree to disagree on abuse and still reconcile and cases where reconciliation has occurred in cases where the abuse is acknowledged by all parties.

Pendergrast has been motivated by Laura Davis' recent book, I Thought We'd Never Speak Again: The road from Estrangement to Reconciliation. Over the last several months he has dialogued with the members of CORRTJ about restorative justice and how the powerful principles and values of this paradigm can work with this new paradigm of justice and conflict resolution. We look forward to your participation in what promises to be a very interesting discussion.

GIF image

Back to TOC