Re: On losing the election

> Greetings Visionaires -
>
> Ed Evans stated:
>
> "Purely hypothetical, but...
>
> Suppose your own ideals and the "will of the people" start to drift farther
and
> farther apart. If the above process determines the concrete rights and
wrongs,
> what do you do when the process goes against you? Would you change your
> worldview and admit you were "wrong?""
>
> The "process", as defined in the US Constitution, will not likely go against
me
> during my lifetime.  Should a majority of the people feel differently than I
do
> as to the way the country should be governed, that is "our" perogative.
> Having
> retired from the Army, and been around this marble a few times, I don't see
> myself packing my bags simply because the will of the people does not
coincide
> with mine.  That is where the difference exists between liberal "elitists"
(an
> oxymoron if I ever heard one) and religious fundamentalism.  I am willing to
> live in a world that I realize is not perfect and still share a pot of coffee
> with my neighbor.

Rather, you've resigned yourself to whatever the will of the people desires.
That's the only way you could possibly share coffee with your neighbor, or that
they'd share coffee with _you_. If a century from now the Constitution is
entirely different, and the American people come to embody everthing you
presently disagree with, you'd be just fine with that. "That's 'our'
perogative."

Ironically, if America turned into a religous fundamentalist nation, you'd be a
card-carrying member.

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

           http://www.fsr.net/