Opt out? (was re. personal thoughts)

Brent Capener wrote:
<snip>
>     On other things:  re-opt out? You betcha! I don't have a street
> light within blocks, yet I pay for em!   Schools? I have no kids, yet I
> pay ~1k+/- for their education (some voluntarily).  Lots of streets I
> don't walk upon, therefore why should I pay?  Never used an ambulance.
> Not had much crime around here  lately, so I don't think I'm gettin my
> money's worth from the cops. Or am I?  I think that perchance society is
> a better place if I pay for a couple things I don't use, even if this
> society isn't molded according to my preferred ideal model.   re-Mark R-
>  excellent letter.  All should read it.   BC

I also don't have a street light nearby, and I'd pay (more) to keep it that
way. :)

This discussion could get very broad very quickly, so let's keep it to the
specific Moscow schools example.

Remember, the original assertion was that only folks on the fringe do not
support public schools. Are you suggesting this is false?

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC