Re: re. personal thoughts

And that always begs the ultimate question, can and should my God beat up
your god?

It is an excellent question. What is your ansswer?

--MS_Mac_OE_3113500007_1143010_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Whose God is gonna whoop whose God's fanny!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi Folks,<BR>
<BR>
It is an excellent question-- and a place where Moscow's ostensible liberal=
 community might put some thought.<BR>
<BR>
Religion can be divine inspiration to those that want it-- whatever! &nbsp;=
The various mystic aspects of all religions are all unprovable in any physic=
al sense until you die.<BR>
<BR>
But one thing that is also most definitely true is that religion is a socia=
l technology. &nbsp;There's real advantages to putting your God up in a safe=
 place (heaven), making him (or her) all-powerful, and mobile, making him in=
vincible in terms of whatever definition of righteousness that one happens t=
o gin up to support their social agenda, and so on. &nbsp;Gods on Earth, be =
they trees or the planet, are inherently ephemeral-- and vulnerable.<BR>
<BR>
>From what I see, the conservatives in this town have a decided upper-hand w=
ith their technology. &nbsp;It causes them to be monolithic, and organized. =
&nbsp;Damn the objective reality-- full speed ahead with whatever comes up i=
n the head of the local poo-bahs. &nbsp;And they put their money where their=
 mouth is, making sure that he has a full-time position, advancing their age=
nda. &nbsp;Of course, it involves for some of them the notion of endorsing s=
lavery (hardly a mainstream position-- definitely out there on the fringe-- =
something to think about for all you Doug Wilson liberal courters on this li=
st!) and execution of juveniles that curse their parents, as well as the usu=
al silliness with female headscarves. &nbsp;But they still buck up, at 10% o=
r better of that pre-tax salary! &nbsp;And if folks don't think that money m=
atters when it comes to political organization, well, history has proven you=
 wrong over and over again. &nbsp;In the hierarchy of 'state/tribe/band' sta=
tes always beat tribes over the long haul-- and tribes always beat bands ove=
r the long haul. &nbsp;From what I've seen of the progressive community in t=
his town, they're definitely still at the 'band' stage of social evolution. =
&nbsp;These conservative religious right people are definitely organized as =
a tribe.<BR>
<BR>
When you look at city government, state government, or even national govern=
ment, there's no question to me that their God is beating the progressive's =
God. &nbsp;It isn't because of any virtue, I can assure you. &nbsp;People ar=
e still going hungry in this country (hardly something the Jesus of the Bibl=
e I learned about would countenance in such a rich society) and our current =
national leadership is talking about first-use of nuclear weapons. &nbsp;Got=
ta wonder what Jesus of 'turn the other cheek' fame would say about that! &n=
bsp;But it doesn't matter-- and it's not gonna matter until progressives fig=
ure out that they can't argue about everything with each other, accept the l=
eadership of a couple of the smartest, and first and foremost put their mone=
y where their mouth is.<BR>
<BR>
The progressive community is sold on the notion that the currency of ideas,=
 and its relative value, is all that's needed to win-- get our God to beat t=
heir God. &nbsp;Sorry, folks-- as a civilized society, we've been naturally =
selected for disease resistance-- not intelligence.<BR>
<BR>
Chuck Pezeshki<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>&quot;Gregory Dickison&quot; &lt;gdickison@moscow.com&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:22:44 -0700<BR>
<B>To: </B>&lt;vision2020@moscow.com&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: re. &nbsp;personal thoughts<BR>
<B>Resent-From: </B>vision2020@moscow.com<BR>
<B>Resent-Date: </B>Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:22:47 -0700 (PDT)<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">And that always begs the ultimate questio=
n, can and should my God beat up your god?<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">It is an excellent question.=
 What is your ansswer?<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3113500007_1143010_MIME_Part--

Back to TOC