RE: Theological Attack On Public Schools

Greg Brown wrote:

>  If you
> want to be technically correct, use the term
> "secular". . . the lack of a belief system

But this goes back to the start. "Secular" doesn't remove the religious
element; it just inserts another system (one clearly invisible to its
advocates). Public schools teach that the holocaust was immoral; they
teach that mathematics is true, that blood circulation system works in a
particular way, and that the Constitution is to be praised for
protecting individual rights. All normative claims. All good. But then,
that is secularism with universal norms, a worldview, certainly not "the
lack of a belief system."

But we have traveled this ground before,
Doug Jones

Back to TOC