Re: Is Moscow Growing Too Fast?

In a message dated 8/18/02 3:50:07 PM, JDANAHY@turbonet.com writes:

<< In recent years we have taxed city residents to pay for a new pool .... to
build a new fire station ...[and}... to support a school district ... >>

John, all these were by majority or super-majority votes of the public.  "The
fault, dear Brutus, lies ... in ourselves...."  Apparently, the public isn't
feeling any pinch; yet.

Also, not wanting to miss an opportunity to comment on my personally favorite
 boondoggle, tax supported operating costs for the 1912 Building continue to
rise without ever having seen the opportunity of a public vote.

Walter Steed

Back to TOC