Letter to Editor

To the editor:

A group called the Palouse Water Conservation Network (PWCN) formed earlier
this month.  Our goals are to promote public awareness and education about our
groundwater and ways to conserve it.  We now have a website available with
background information about our aquifers, ways to use water efficiently, and
links to other water conservation sites.

Some of the website's departments are still empty, but we just finished a list
of tips for conserving water indoors.  These ideas could help reduce water
demand, not only during the current water shortage, but on an ongoing basis.
You may access the site at
www.pwcn.org.  Our meetings are open to all
interested individuals:  first and third Mondays of each month, 7:00pm, in room
2B of the Latah County Courthouse.

For more information about PWCN or about groundwater issues in general, contact
us at
pwcn@moscow.com or call 882-0203.

Bill & Dianne French
202 E. 7th St.