Re: Moscow's Water Problems

Haven't heard whether the pool is closed, but I did hear that the car washes were allowed to stay open to make up for all the money they lost during the topless flap . . .

On a serious note, I plan to err on the side of caution and follow a ban on outdoor water usage.  I believe that this morning's LMT said it was a total ban, and it's been announced on local radio.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Danahy <JDANAHY@turbonet.com>
To: Vision2020 <vision2020@moscow.com>
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2002 1:42 PM
Subject: Moscow's Water Problems

Yesterday, the LMT reported that the pump on the #9 well was broken and that
the city had instituted alternate day outdoor water usage.

This morning the SR reported that the #9 well was not recharging, that it
was down to 9 ft, and that the city had instituted a ban on outdoor water
usage.

Which story is true??
Is our pool closed??  If not, why not??
Do private car wash businesses have to shut down too?

John Danahy
jdanahy@turbonet.com

Back to TOC