From: Lucy Zoe [mailto:lucyzoe@moscow.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:14 AM
To: 'Muscovites for Equal Rights'
Subject: RE: Topless issue in Moscow, few words more

There are far more pressing "issues" effecting women.
If you truly care about the women in Moscow to the degree
displayed to Vision2020, I would encourage you to direct
your enthusiasm to those "issues" that severely impact
a woman's ability to enjoy life.

I'm wondering why women are still being beaten by their
spouses? I'm wondering why women are frequently left with
the burden of providing for their families after their partner
has abandoned them? I'm wondering why modesty is such
a bad word? I'm wondering why rape is so prolific? I'm
wondering why little children are abducted and molested?
I'm wondering why fathers abdicate their roles as protector
and provider?

As a woman, I would much rather see you walk for a cure
for breast cancer, speak out against date rape or child
molestation, feed and clothe a single mom and her kids,
encourage men to stand up and be responsible, or talk
to young men about how to value women for more than
their bodies.

Somehow, in the big scheme of things, the right to go
topless seems so insignificant.

Lucy Zoe

Back to TOC