Re: Topless issue in Moscow, few words more

Like it or not, this issue has become international.  People all over the
world know (at least what little is being reported) about our town's new
law.
They are wondering why women are still being subject to sexist laws.
I question describing this web page as pornographic.  The pictures are not
erotic or sexual (in my mind, at least)  The intent was not to cause
prurient feelings.  From what I can tell, the women are just being proud of
their womenhood.  It is intent and action that makes something pornographic.
I think this description of the pictures being "pornographic" is the crux of
our problem.  Certain people seem unable to look at a female breast without
being turned on or offended in some way.  I bet though, that if the women
were wearing bikinis, that reviewer would still be turned on.  Particularly
if her intent was to be sexual.
Perhaps our society is not ready to accept women as anything but sex
objects.  Hopefull this debate will cause people to at least think about why
we object to this law and the notion that women should be banned from
showing their breasts in public view.  Perhaps the next generation will
understand that breasts are intended to nourish life.  They are part of a
women's ability to maintain our species.  Just because they can be used
during sex, like all other parts of a woman's body, is no reason to make
women ashamed of baring her breasts, at the very least in a place "open to
public view."
Other countries have caught on to the fact that granting women the same
freedom as men in regards to baring your chest will not cause the downfall
of that society.  Hopefully someday we will understand this as well.
I wonder if someone could share with us the scripture that says women must
keep her breasts covered.  It would be nice to know the biblical basis for
this belief.
Garrett Clevenger

It is very noble to have a cause and believe in it.  It is a very good idea
to make a website devoted to that cause.  However, using the Vision2020
mailing list to spread email ads for pornography I think, may be a bit over
the top.
-Kacey