RE: meeting notes and announcements

As an engineer that uses statistics on a daily basis I found the information
from "Muscovites for Equal Rights" to be interesting:

"Women can go topless almost everywhere in the second most populous state."

That really doesn't tell me much. Does this mean there are places in New
York with ordinances against going topless? Then what about the first most
populous state? Just guessing at numbers, this statement suggests that 3 or
4 percent of the women in the US can go topless without fear of being cited
(at least directly - there are possibly other ordinances they fall under
that restrict this activity). How about the other 97%?

I'm curious as to how "different" we are from mainstream America in the fact
we have enacted this ordinance. Please don't misconstrue this as a belief
that Moscow should be the same as the rest of America. I just believe in
seeing the entire picture rather than a small part. Anybody have any info on
this?

Thanks

Bill Strand

Back to TOC