RE: meeting notes and announcements

Hmmm . . . well, I think New York might be the *third* most populous
state (with California being first and Texas being second):
http://eire.census.gov/popest/data/states/populartables/table01.php

But, according to:
http://www.tera.ca/
(WARNING:  please don't visit the above site if you personally belong to
the group of those who find topfree people offensive)
neither Texas in general (can you believe it!) nor Austin specifically
have laws *against* topfree women.

So, if I'm correctly understanding, we've got the second and third most
populous states *not* criminalizing women going topfree.  I think that
works out to about 14% of our population residing in states that
*haven't* found it necessary to criminalize female breasts.

Perhaps we should include Idaho there because our state, in its infinite
wisdom, has no law at the state level criminalizing female breasts,
either?  Sorry, I don't know about other states . . . or about local
ordinances within the various states.

Seems to me we should make a legal distinction between the simple
existence of female bare breasts *and* bare female breasts being used
for sexual and/or commercial purposes.  IMHO, that's what our community
needs to do.  Another acceptable alternative would be equal opportunity
and protection:  apply legal sanctions to females *and* males who show
bare chests in public (naturally, with a legally exception for
breastfeeding) or remove legal sanctions for males *and* females who
show bare chests in public.

Don't know if this answers your question, Mr. Strand, but I hope it
helps :-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
do nothing.
Edmund Burke