meeting notes and announcements

Our next meeting will be Wednesday 8/14, 7pm at Mikey's Gyros.

Thanks to everybody who is pulling this campaign together.  We are off to a
good start, but we need to contact more citizens and community groups.  We'd
like to see where the different polictical parties stand on this issue.
We'd like to see where the different civic groups stand.  Who has contacts
with various groups in town?  We will make presentations to whoever wants
one.

We have accounted for about 300 petition signatures as of last night.  There
are more petitions floating around.  Who has more signatures?  Let us know.

There will be people gathering signatures tomorrow at the Farmer's Market.
We need people to commit to future Farmer's Markets and other events around
town.  It's easy, fun and educational.  Please let us know where you can
help.

We plan on having a benefit concert the first week of September.  Let us
know if you want to take part.

Please continue writing letters to the editor and our city council.
Press:
editor@spokesman.com
briefs@dnews.com
editor@dailyevergreen.com
letters@lmtribune.com
argonaut@uidaho.edu

City Council
peg_hamlett@msn.com
comstock@moscow.com
jmack@turbonet.com
johnguy@moscow.com
jmhill@moscow.com
steveb@moscow.com
mtethoma@moscow.com

Facts:
Ordinance 2002-13 makes it illegal for a woman to bare her breasts in public
view.  This means her private property, including her home, if it is open to
public view.  It also makes it illegal for women to wear certain bikinis and
attire in public.

The fine is up to $500 or 6 months in prison.

The ordinance is sexist and unconstitutional and suppresses the rights of
women in order to prevent another person from feeling a certain way.

New York State's Supreme Court found their topless laws to be
unconstitutional.  Women can go topless almost everywhere in the second most
populous state.