Re: Hello Pot, it's Kettle calling collect.

Ms. Joan lamented:
> "But when it comes to our sexual relations, it is not good enough for you
> 'tolerate' me whenever 'I want it.' I understand that I should take the
> initiative, but there is a difference between taking the sexual initiative
> and sexually intruding. By the time we get to bed, I have heard you say a
> number of times (preemptively) how tired you are, what a long day it has
> been, and so on. If I decide to try to get past these barriers, I then
have
> to get past your disparaging comments about my poor timing, lack of
> sensitivity, or surplus of testosterone. More than once I have thought
that
> you must see our relationship as some complicated form of marital date
rape.

Since this is not a Christian discussion list, I reluctantly reply to Joan's
post regarding a wife yielding her body to her husband. But since she is the
one who brought it up...

In 1 Cor. 7:4, the Apostle Paul writes "The wife does not have authority
over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does
not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Stop depriving one
another..."

The command for a wife to submit her body to her husband is a *Christian*
command.

But it is absolutely reflexive: a husband is commanded the exact same thing
to his wife: to yield his body to her.

So, Doug's posting in Credenda is accurate -- as far as it goes. A parallel
letter could have been written to a husband by his wife.

I'm glad you are reading the Credenda, Joan. It sure helps making the
antithesis clear.

Antidisestablishmentarianism,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho