Re: Hello Pot, it's Kettle calling collect.

Doug writes:
>Setting aside the usual rebuttal that your alleged tolerance for
> >alternative lifestyles always curiously vanishes when considering
> >traditional or Christian lifestyles

Yes, let's do set that aside, since (as I think I've mentioned before)
you're assigning that "alleged tolerance" to me as a straw man.  None of my
alleged friends would say that I was allegedly tolerant.  I have judged you,
and found you wanting, and I'm sure you've returned the favor.  There are
all kinds of Christian lifestyles that I admire as an outsider--the Credenda
Agenda model just happens not to be one of them.  You needn't worry, though;
I have no intention of coming to a Sunday service, gathering up the women,
and shouting, "Let my people go."  I won't even come and take snide notes.
What I will do is fight any attempt to turn your belief into my law.

>and that your paradigm forces you to read Credenda rather bizarrely >sort
>of like a Muslim expositing the Declaration of Independence), how >is it
>that your conclusions are not just more "checkers condemns >backgammon" and
>"backgammon condemns checkers" on and on?

Well, I see it this way.  Greg announced that sexual dysfunction and
dishonesty reigned among the male apostates who oppose the public nudity
ordinance.  But sexual dysfunction is not unknown, it seems, among those at
Christ Church who have the joy, joy, joy, joy down in their hearts.  Some
men apparently have to blackmail their wives into feigning bliss in the
marital bed with threats of eternal hellfire.  Looks to me like a recipe for
faking it, and that's sexual dysfunction spawning dishonesty.  Is this what
you mean by a traditional Christian relationship?  Women who approach sex
like Daniel approached lions?  Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

My point is simple: people who live in glass houses (or sleep in chilly
beds) shouldn't throw stones.

--Auntie Establishment

PS: There are six million Muslims in the United States, most of whom could
do as much justice to the Declaration of Independence as any Christian, Jew,
or Zoroastrian.  Even Louis Farrakhan has never declared with a straight
face that the Constitution does not provide for the separation of church and
state.