From: Joan Opyr [mailto:auntiestablishment@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 12:34 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Hello Pot, it's Kettle calling collect.

Greg Dickison writes:
>The cover 'em crowd is all for the female breast, and the male members
> >frankly admit that they get all woozy at the sight of them, and Amen >to
>it. The bare 'em brigade, made up mostly of sexually disfunctional >or
>dishonest men, says female breasts are no big deal, and that if you >want
>them covered you must be ashamed of the female body.

You know, from posts like this one gets the impression that Doug and the
Dougciples are just so darned virile that the mere glimpse of a female
breast has them swooning with randiness.  You say Amen, Greg; I say Yikes.

Okay, you've established your incredible manliness.  My hat is off to you,
if not my shirt.  Nevertheless, I think you should be wary of accusing men
who disagree with you of sexual dysfunction.  As you write for Credenda
Agenda, Greg, I assume you also read it.  For those on the list who don't,
here's a little snippet from Volume 13, Issue 1.  Written by Doug Wilson, it
purports to be a letter from a husband to his sexually recalcitrant wife; in
fact, it's "a fictional composite . . . taken from multiple counseling
sessions."

"But when it comes to our sexual relations, it is not good enough for you to
'tolerate' me whenever 'I want it.' I understand that I should take the
initiative, but there is a difference between taking the sexual initiative
and sexually intruding. By the time we get to bed, I have heard you say a
number of times (preemptively) how tired you are, what a long day it has
been, and so on. If I decide to try to get past these barriers, I then have
to get past your disparaging comments about my poor timing, lack of
sensitivity, or surplus of testosterone. More than once I have thought that
you must see our relationship as some complicated form of marital date rape.

"The mere fact of physical sex is not a marriage 'perk' for the husband. If
a warm sexual relationship is not pursued by both the wife and the husband,
if the wife is lukewarm and unresponsive to her husband, then my
understanding is that she is resistant to a biblical marriage relationship."

How many Victorian women were damned to perdition by just lying there and
thinking of the Empire?

I know Victoria's Secret,
Auntie Establishment