RE: Legal System Not Ruled By Christian Bible

Dale,

Your willingness to jump to conclusions is surpassed only by your zeal in
proclaiming them.

'The counsel members represented their constituency -- not themselves and
not their own "standards."'

That's a debatable position to take, and certainly not eternally true.  Do
we elect people to listen to what we want and vote accordingly?  Or do we
elect people we trust to listen to us and then make the decision they think
is right?  Both are possible in our system, and they're not the only
possibilities. My view is that the latter is what representative democracy
is about, but I don't believe I'm right about everything.

Some council members may vote as you claim, on the assumption that they know
what all their constituents want. Of course, in doing so they cannot please
all their constituents.  Others may always vote their own conscience, with
or without your approval. Either way, if enough of their constituents don't
like their decisions, they'll get rid of them.

"You can ask them if you like -- but the *overwhelming* sentiment that they
received was for public modesty and upholding the ordinance."

That would be accurate if they had taken public comments at the third
meeting.  Sorry Dale, you're on the dock watching the boat sail away on this
one.

"Funny how a very vocal minority can make it appear completely opposite."

Hmmm...

Sunil