Re: Flushing Liberals

Ben wrote (in pertinent part)
"However, it seems that there is something clandestine on the other end as a
number of the liberal members aren't willing to own up to their convictions
publicly. The question has been posed a couple of times, but no one seems to
up to answering it. Why aren't those of you who are pushing for topless
girls also pushing for full nudity? Is this the next move? Or are you
embarrassed by the rest of your bodies?"

Ben,
>From what I've seen in this discussion, no one you accuse of being a liberal
has pushed for 'topless girls', but I'll go ahead and try to answer your
question about why we're not pushing for full nudity.  First of all, I'm not
pushing for 'topless girls.' Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be
linking opposition to an ordinance banning bare breasts with pushing for
bare breasts, and in doing so you are making an incorrect assumption.  In
this area, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do.  But I do think that
this rush to regulate breasts is silly and will lead to more litigation.  I
think it's a minor problem and will go away.  I suspect there are more
important things for the city council to do.

As far as the full nudity If Moscow decides that it needs to regulate the
non-issue of full public nudity, then I have no problem with an ordinance
that is equally applied to men and women, and, for example, bans the public
display of uncovered genitals. You ask whether we're ashamed of our bodies,
in asking your question about full nudity, but frankly, I don't know what
you mean or what that has to do with my opposition to the proposed
ordinance.  There's no connection.  I don't think being ashamed of our
bodies has anything to do with it. Since you're asking, I will admit that I
haven't posted nude pictures of myself on the Web for anyone's viewing
pleasure, and will not do so unless I can superimpose a picture of my head
onto the body of a more attractive person.

Sunil Ramalingam