RE: Alturas Technology Park

At 12:52 PM 7/9/2002 -0700, B. J. Swanson wrote:
>Tax money was not shifted.  The
>tax money we're talking about would not have existed without Alturas.

Could someone please let me build a house and have my property taxes go to
paying for the infrastructure?  That wouldn't be a shift in tax money,
because I wouldn't build the house otherwise.  That wouldn't be a subsidy
at all.  And it would help keep tax money in the community, because I will
probably move to Pullman otherwise, to be closer to my employer.  My sales
tax, income tax (filtered through the state), local purchases, etc., will
all be lost if I move to Pullman.

Mr. Swanson, in the interest of improving our community, would you be
willing to back my proposal above?  I'm quite sure I earn above the median
income for a Moscow resident, so it would be very helpful to our local tax
base.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843