anonymous postings

    Yes, one of the operative rules of Vision 2020 is that all subscribers must
sign in both their email address and full name when subscribing.  That rule is
obvious on the webpage where people sign up for subscriptions.  We did that
specifically to stop anonymous postings (it was a V2020 consensus decision about
5 years ago).
    Our dirty little secret is that we have never enforced that rule.
    I can get a hotmail account under whatever name I choose, then subscribe to
V2020 with that email, and give a false name and nobody will stop me.
    I am at a loss to know what to do about this.  Is it really an issue?  Isn't
it obvious which posts are from people hiding their identities?  What can we do
about this, and more importantly, who is going to do it?
    Any ideas?
    BL

Terry Johnson-Huhta wrote:

> Mr. Cooke,
>
> Let me introduce myself---- I am Terry Johnson-Huhta and it is a pleasure to
> meet you Mr. Cooke
>
> Thank you for the biography, "Greg Brown".  My question is still not
> answered concerning "Justice Now".  Most of us reveal our names when we post
> to this list.  I thought one of the rules of the list was to use our "real"
> name and not hide behind a psuedo name.  I have apparently misunderstood.
>
> .Terry

Back to TOC