RE: [Fwd: Alturas]

> >I'm saying that there are etiquettes for discussion boards.
> >
> >One of the primary etiquette protocols is to *never* forward a
private
> >Email to a public list unless you have the permission of the person
> >sending -- and then you acknowledge that permission.
>
> I'm somewhat split on this.  I have chided people for sending my
private
> messages to the entire list.  But then again, my messages never
contained
> veiled threats.  Greg Brown basically informed us that he received a
threat
> in connection with the list.  And yes, he did forward that very brief
> threat, so we could see that he was not making it up.  I don't know if
> can criticize him for that--in fact, I think a number of us did the
same
> thing several years ago when we all received identical threats from a
> person on the list.

Bob,

I appreciate what you are saying here. Such a threat, if believed to be
valid and serious, should be taken to the civil authorities.

On Email lists, these kinds of things are *typically* taken to the
moderators/list owners first, and they deal with it as they see fit. Of
course, the person making them ejected from the list (as a minimum). But
that's up to the list owners of vision2020.

Dale

Back to TOC