RE: [Fwd: Alturas]

At 03:46 PM 7/2/2002 -0700, Dale Courtney wrote:
>I'm saying that there are etiquettes for discussion boards.
>
>One of the primary etiquette protocols is to *never* forward a private
>Email to a public list unless you have the permission of the person
>sending -- and then you acknowledge that permission.

I'm somewhat split on this.  I have chided people for sending my private
messages to the entire list.  But then again, my messages never contained
veiled threats.  Greg Brown basically informed us that he received a threat
in connection with the list.  And yes, he did forward that very brief
threat, so we could see that he was not making it up.  I don't know if I
can criticize him for that--in fact, I think a number of us did the same
thing several years ago when we all received identical threats from a
person on the list.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843