RE: Beware, extreme feminism

Greetings Visionaires -

Just thought that I might share the words to a song that I eluded to this
last weekend.

I am Woman, Hear me Roar
-Words and Music by Helen Reddy and Ray Burton

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back and pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Whoa, yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything (Anything)
I am strong (Strong), I am invincible (Invincible), I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'Cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'Cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Oh, yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything (Anything)
I am strong (Strong), I am invincible (Invincible), I am woman

I am woman, watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Whoa, yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything (Anything)
I am strong (Strong), I am invincible (Invincible), I am woman.

To me this song epitomizes the values of the true feminist.  I believe that
women were not created to be placed on a pedestal and pampered as his
superior, nor are they to be owned or subjugated as his inferior.  They are
meant to walk along side man as his equal.

Just tossing more wood on the fire,

Tom Hansen