RE: Fed. Judge Declares "Pledge of Allegiance" Unconstitutional

It is unconstitutional because it demands that you submit to a God even
when you don't believe in one.  You infringe on the rights of those who
wish not to do that.  And students are not just allowed to abstain from
this.  If they didn't "respect" the flag students were punished.

Atheists don't fall apart in with the mention of any God.  They just
refuse to acknowledge one.  Many atheists will talk about religion and
theology, but they shouldn't have to recite a pledge that demands they
acknowledge one.  How are atheists weak in their convictions?  No one said
anyone was going to jail.  But they don't want to be forced to do it
either, nor suffer any consequence.

How does striking "indivisible" follow taking out "under God."
Personally, as a self proclaimed citizen of the world, I have a problem
with the entire pledge.  And I happily refuse to say it.  The pledge is
not American Patriotism.  Patriots don't force someone to say something
they don't believe.  It is an expression of American Nationalism.  However
I must say I believe in every letter of the last line "Liberty and Justice
for ALL!"  Notice, not just for those who believe in a God.  I'm sorry you
don't believe the court should be concerned about such an important
statement that apparently has gotten a lot of people riled up.  If it
wasn't so important why is everyone so angry?  Then who cares if they take
it out or not?  Point is, that it is important.

Love

Daniel