Re: Interesting Question

> I have an interesting question concerning the atheist who did not want to
> expose his daughter to the reference of the existence of God in our Pledge
> of Allegiance.  This individual is so firm in his conviction of the
> non-existence of a supreme being that he wants "under God" removed from the
> pledge.
>
> Question:  What currency does he use in the purchase and sale of goods and
> services?  "In God We Trust" is on all US paper currency and on a majority
> of US coinage.

He uses US currency.  Whats your point?  Is this a trick question?  Its
one thing to have it printed on money (something that wasn't so till
1952).  Its not really that much of an American tradition and could be
removed quite easily.  But his daughter shouldn't be force to say "one
nation under God" if she doesn't want to.

Daniel

Back to TOC