RE: Interesting Question

That's next-- although "In God We Trust" appeared sporadically on coins
during, and following the Civil War, it wasn't made official by Congress
until 1956, under the same impulses that added "under God" to the pledge
--ie., intensive lobbying by the Knights of Columbus and wanting to show up
the Godless Commies.

Ron Force	      	  rforce@moscow.com
Moscow Idaho USA

Back to TOC