Re: US95 South

Geeeze, This is a tough thing.

I have known Tim since we were 6 years old , beginning Life at Lena Whitmore.

Hard to believe what Moscow has become.. Huh.

No doubt the Ridge has been humanized. Lola Clyde had maps of the Indian trail (red wolf I think) and the pioneers stopped at the spring to rest stock before coming over very nearly the same route.

Some might say things like that and some others you have sighted set precidence for this route. I do not agree and often wonder about what Lola and or the first Americans would consider about this.

Lola " verbally" set this area as wildlife sanctuary. And she did enforce it. That in fact had a lot to do with why I choose to live up against it. When I bought this property I was misled that the brush up the hill was in fact designated wildlife refuge.

There are compiled lists of "indigenous" life, plant or otherwise. I have listed some in the past

"Pristine" area…no. In fact that’s the first time I've seen the word used and it would be out of context to use it.

Really a lot of this issue seems to be about Property v Community and it is extremely unfortunate that you folks have been sucked into it and so much front to defend. …Really heart sickening.

Its amazing what has happened since Lola died. A new property owner has a different view. Hunting like a Loony Toone cartoon goes on now. That "wet land pasture" you all kept cattle in has been drained and filled with of all things the old UI Gause(sp?) engineering building and then capped with the blacktop pulled out of the Palouse Mall just after the tree fiasco and by the same folks involved.

There is a huge difference between the two worlds. " Wet land" Hay field ,house and road. Some are far closer to Natural recovery than the other at any given point. There is plenty of that going on all over Ridge. I for one (and I think Lola would have agreed) would rather keep it closer to healing than completely waste it. I believe the road up there will hurt more than help. It sure wont stop houses from comming. It might encourage it with increasd growth brought on by the road.

Now I might ask a speculative question:

Would it be possible that if the present route is kept then potential bypass routing of the city looks as though it might nearly go right over your own home or shop? Or at least somehow put greater pressure on your own property?

It is a rough thing we are tangled in.

To bad this is not as fun as being in first grade and playing Red Rover.

David Sarff