re: other voices, was etiquette

At 05:52 PM 6/24/2002 -0700, Kenton Bird wrote:
>I wonder, though whether this might be the time to create a second list
>for those who wish to argue local, national and world issues at length,
>and keep Vision 2020 for bulletins, announcements and *short* comments
>about local issues and events.

I simply don't think there is enough critical mass to support
this.  Discussions on Vision 2020 usually start with local issues, and then
expand to national, international, moral, etc. issues.  And they often come
back around to the local.  Split the group, and there is no
cross-fertilization.

The current thread of discussion (several separate threads at this point)
is probably the longest and most heated I can remember.  However, we have
also had heated discussions about gun control, the 2000 election, and other
items.  After a while it calms down, and I even wonder if the list has
died.  But sure enough, events rear their ugly or not-so-ugly heads, and
the list gets crazy again.

Like anyone else on the list, I know how to use the delete key.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642