Re: Homosexuals Can "Come Out" of Homosexuality

> Many dont seem to agree with you, including homosexuals.
>
> Here are some websites of organizations that help "homosexuals" "come out" of
> homosexuality.
> - www.pfox.org      "Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays"
> - www.exodusnorthamerica.org     "Exodus International North America"
> - www.narth.com       "National Association for Research and Therapy of
>               Homosexuality (NARTH)"
>
> They have many stories of people that "come out" of homosexuality
> on the above listed websites.
>
> Some of the most famous are:
> - Anne Heche
> - Sinead O'Connor
> - Julie Cypher who had as "partner" Melissa Etheridge
>
> And many homosexuals bounce from gay to straight to gay to straight
> so many times it sure seems a choice, albeit a very confusing one as
> has been "coming out" in the literature. Here is the most recent:
>
> The American Psychological Association's prestigious journal
> Professional Psychology: Research and Practice has just published a
> comprehensive research paper on sexual-orientation change. Clients
> have the right to pursue change, the author says, because "sexual
> orientation, once thought to be an unchanging trait, is actually
> quite flexible for some people."
>
> (Dr. Warren Throckmorton, "Initial Empirical and Clinical Findings
> Concerning the Change Process for Ex-Gays," has been published in
> the June 2002 issue of the American Psychological Association's
> publication Professional Psychology: Research and Practice.)

Couldn't this be explained by bisexuality.  No one denies that for some
people they are attrached to both sexes.  With images of both of the
extremes of heterosexuality and homosexuality, its no wonder some people
can be confused.  Actually some believe that most people don't belong to
either extreme.  As for the nature of homosexuality, its probably not as
simple as reducing it to biology.  Just like hair color, although it has a
biological component, there are many environmental conditions that can
change the hair color.

> Better be careful here, pedophilia can fall into this same category
> and I dont think you want say that just because it is natural for some
> that the worse that we can say about it is it is a minority trait,
> just as being left-handed is.
>
> The argument that "if it feels good do it", or "it seems natural" does
> not necessarily make it right. It can still be considered wrong; and a
> sin according to biblical standards. By whose standards should we be
> deciding these issues?

I agree here.  But homosexuality is not malicious in nature so it seems
that if it doesn't hurt other people, it shouldn't be our place to judge
it.  That would be God's place.

> In a previous email, Melynda Huskey has decided that she gets to make that
> determination where she responds to a question, "That's an easy one! No,
> a public school can't teach that God says sodomy is wrong. But it can
> teach that some religions hold that belief."
>
> When is it my turn?

Its been your turn all along.  You always have the right to express your
opinions.  Just not to dominate and then run away crying when someone has
an objection to it.  Most of the issues you've brought up in this email
have been addressed many times and because you don't get answers you want
you keep bringing them up.  So I'm not going to respond to things I've
already responded to from now on.

Love

Daniel

Back to TOC