RE: rumor control, Fred Phelps, modernity, etc.

> On this list, Doug Wilson, Doug Jones, and other men-folk of Christ
Church
> declaim their views with a seeming good humor and bonhomie that
reminds me
> rather of Foghorn Leghorn.  (“That was a joke, son, a yuck, a funny, a
> ha-ha.  Get it?”)  Alas, I fear that they are really more like Wile E.
> Coyote.  Around the corner, just above that big pile of birdseed, is a
> sixteen-ton weight—it’s called Credenda Agenda.

It's good to see Modernists aiming for humor. That's a healthy sign --
"big pile of birdseed." Good for you. If only Joan could live up to her
email address: "antiestablishment". Instead she just wants to squeal,
denounce, and runaway. Why are establishment moderns so afraid of
dialogue?

And, thanks for the advertisement for Credenda. I'd love everyone to
read it. Be sure to see the recent articles on Modernity. I know it's so
hard for Moderns to understand something outside thick Cartesian
goggles, but it might be a radically new experience. Here are some
articles that might help.

Primer on Modernities
http://www.credenda.org/issues/13-3thema.php

Unnatural Politics
http://www.credenda.org/issues/13-6thema.php

The Hope of Medieval Protestantism
http://www.credenda.org/issues/9-5thema.php

Worshiping with Body
http://www.credenda.org/issues/10-2thema.php

Faith, Reason, and Rationality (an actual debate with a modern who
doesn't just squeal)
http://www.credenda.org/issues/8-4disputatio.php

>"Modernity" is a straw man--created, defined, and repeatedly knocked
down in
>place of genuine substantive debate.

What list have you been reading? I'd love to see it. Here we've seen no
defense, only denials of its existence. How can something be "knocked
down" that doesn’t exist?

Doug Jones

Back to TOC