No Subject

Dear visionaries,

Joan wrote:
Why ever not? As I recall, God once used a flood to get rid of some people
who weren't quite up to scratch.

The issue is not whether God can inflict suffering as a judgment for sin.
We have Noah's flood, which you cited, the destruction of Sodom, the poetry
of Walt Whitman, and of course the current exhibit of government art at the
Prichard Gallery. All of these are judgments for sin. I was talking about
God inflicting suffering as His method of creating, which He then called good.

Back to TOC