Re: your mail

> The issue is not whether God can inflict suffering as a judgment for
> sin.  We have Noah's flood, which you cited, the destruction of Sodom,
> the poetry of Walt Whitman, and of course the current exhibit of
> government art at the Prichard Gallery. All of these are judgments for
> sin. I was talking about God inflicting suffering as His method of
> creating, which He then called good.

So lets say evolution is the result of sin (for the sake of argument).
Could it not be that after the fall, evolution was a suffering (as you
have described it, in effect the "meat grinder") inflicted by God as
judgment for sin.  He in essence turned us into the primordial goo from
which we had to suffer and claw our way to existance?

Back to TOC