Re: your mail

All:

I'm not sure how Douglas knows that "He would not have chosen the meat
grinder of natural selection as His means of creation."  Is Douglas
claiming to know what God thinks and what he did?

And I also noticed how he has tried to polarize this issue.  Labeling
evolution as bad, or evil.  I haven't labeled Christianity as bad or evil.

Ponderingly Yours

Daniel

> 7. Okay, you're on. I believe that God had the power to create by means
> of evolution had He chosen to do so. In fact, this is the only way to
> possibly account for such a miraculous series of "against all odds
> events." I do not believe He did do so, but He certainly had the power,
> and blind chance acting on inchoate matter does not have this power. But
> because He is good, He would not have chosen the meat grinder of natural
> selection as His means of creation. At Creation, God looked at all that
> He had made, and behold it was very good. Death came later, as the result
> of human pride and (unsuccessful) attempts at autonomy -- the kind of
> unsuccessful autonomy that undergirds all current forms of government
> education.
>         All forms of death and suffering therefore post-date mankind's
> rebellion.

Back to TOC