No Subject

Dear visionaries,

Daniel wrote, "Genicides and slavery have eliminated a lot of genetic diversity from the human population, so evolution would not have as much to work with."

But isn't that what evolution does? Isn't it the point to eliminate genetic material?

And now that we have taken over the evolutionary process with regard to our own evolution, why is social Darwinism wrong? When we consider the less capable among us (the less "fit"), do we eliminate them or arrange special protections for them? And when we do this, by what standard are we making the decisions?

Back to TOC