Fred Phelps To Visit The University of Idaho

Visionaries:

Fred Phelps, pastor of Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka Kansas, and owner
of the site www.godhatesfags.com will visit the University of Idaho to
burn American Pride flags in protest.

Their press release:

"WBC to picket the Univeristy of Idaho and burn the hybrid Rainbow/Stars
and Stripes fag flag at the UI Commons Bldg. -- 11 a.m. July 6 -- in
religious protest and warning: 'God is not mocked!'  God Hates Fags! and
Fag-Enablers! ERGO, God hates UI double-standard hypocrites!

Last Mar. 31 three UI students -- Matt Henman, Kevin Smith and Joel
Sturgill -- stole a hybrid fag flag from the tax-funded facilities of a
criminal enterprise: the Gay/Straight Alliance, and tried to burn it in
symbolifc protest.  GSA's same-sex sodomy is a felony in Idaho!

These three and student body president Kasey Swisher were prosecuted and
disciplined by UI -- because holier-than-thou GSA hypocrites squawked with
fag media's usual help.  Selective prosecution.  Double standard.  No GSA
sodomites were prosecuted, despite the law: In Idaho it is a felony to
practice sodomy with a maximum penalty of life in prison.

According to the Lewiston Morning Tribune, Moscow City Attorney Rady Fife
had a suggestion: "If the three would have bought their own flag and
burned it in protest, it would probably be protected by the First
Amendment, Fife said."  So said also the U.S. Sup. Ct. in Texas v.
Johnson, 491 U.S. 391 (1989).  Therefore, WBC will preach the Gospel to
(i.e. picket) UI and Idaho -- burn their own hybrid fag flag -- at the
Commons Bldg. at UI -- on July 6, at 11 a.m."

(Daniel writing again:)

You can get your own copy (and who wouldn't want one) from the
www.godhatesfags.com website.

Members of the Community of Moscow will organize a peaceful counter
demonstration at Friendship Square July 6th.  For those interested I'll
keep you informed on the details of that protest.

I emplore all concerned community members to not attend Fred Phelps'
demonstration, but instead come to our peaceful demonstration.

Thanks

Daniel Kronemann

Back to TOC