RE: rumor control

Melynda Huskey writes:

> Is execution the ultimate goal for those of us who don't accept Doug's
> exhortation to "abandon fruitlessness?"

I have to say that it's really always interesting to hear from Melynda
Huskey; I sincerely appreciate her contributions.

As for the above quote, the most appropriate biblical response is St.
Paul's: "For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside?
Do you not judge those who are inside?" (1 Corinthians 5:12). In other
words, why should I care judicially/politically about what
non-Christians do on their own time? I'm only concerned about those
covenanted to Christ, those baptized, and biblical law focuses on them
too.

If non-Christians want to abort their children or commit almost any
infamy privately, then I think they should be free to do that. Sin hunts
itself down. They can face their maker on His time. Civil laws are
impotent for real change. Christians will proclaim warnings, but only
moderns put their faith in legal constraints. The world doesn't run by
politics but by grace.

Doug Jones

Back to TOC