Re: rumor control

Doug Wilson writes:

"My first and primary goal for the local gay population is for them to see
the depth of forgiveness for all their sin in Jesus Christ, the cultural
richness of the Christian faith, and the gracious invitation that God extends
to all of us to live lives to His glory, enjoying Him forever, as the
catechism puts it. In short, I want to baptize as many gays as I can.  If
they are already baptized, I want to
exhort them to abandon fruitlessness in order to become faithful to their
baptisms."

I remember a public debate some years ago, during the fight over Proposition
One, in which Greg Dickison, an attorney and frequent contributor to
*Credenda Agenda,* the magazine edited by Doug Jones, advocated stoning as an
appropriate (and biblically sanctioned) punishment for gays and lesbians.  Is
execution the ultimate goal for those of us who don't accept Doug's
exhortation to "abandon fruitlessness?"

Dickison also writes:  "Reforming the State is not about forcing people to be
Christians. But it is about forcing people to outwardly conform to a
Christian standard and about protecting the Christian religion. . . . Again,
the question is not whether we can legislate morality. Of course we can. The
question is, which morality will be legislated? The unchangeable standards of
God's holy Word? Or the passing fads of political correctness?"  (Greg
Dickison, "Nursing Fathers," *Credenda Agenda* 12:3.)

Moscow, Latah County, and the state of Idaho offer little protection for
those citizens who are gay or lesbian:  there are no laws or policies
protecting our employment, our housing, or our families.  We can be fired or
evicted without any other cause than our sexual orientation; should we be
detected--in the privacy of our own homes, shades drawn, alone--engaging in
consensual sexual activity, we can be convicted of a felony.  At present,
though, we can breathe.  I view with grave concern any attempt
to repeal that particular opportunity.

Melynda Huskey

Back to TOC