Where's the "pointe"?

Call me crotchety, but am I the only one who's annoyed by the name
"University Pointe" for  the new office-retail development on Sixth St.?

So far as I can see, this has nothing to do with the university, except
proximity.  And there's no mountain or peninsula nearby that might be
called a point.  Does this name MEAN anything?

And that cutesy little "e" on the end!  Are we pretending we're in Merrie
Olde Englande?  I would think the Latah County Grain Growers might prefer
something more local and plain spoken.

I agree Moscow could use more high-end office space, but I'd be embarrassed
to have "University Pointe" on my business card.

Jack Porter

Back to TOC