The Original UI Admin Building and the 1905 Basketball/Football Teams

Greetings Visionaires, Vandals, and CQE'rs -

My most recent acquisition (the 1907 UI Yearbook) arrived today.  A special
thanks to Phil Corless (and I am assuming his predecessors) who obviously
took excellent care of it.  It is loaded with some very interesting photos.
I scanned three of them and posted them to my website.  They are:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Adm_1907.jpg - A photo of the original University
of Idaho Administration Building.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/bask1905.jpg - A photo of the 1905 University of
Idaho Basket Ball (they spelled it with two wrods at that time) Team.  The
Vandals had four wins and three losses that year.  The scores were:

Idaho - 42
Lewiston High School - 9

Idaho - 39
Cheney Normal - 2

Idaho - 12
Washington State College - 28

Idaho - 32
Washington State College - 10

Idaho - 26
Whitman - 7

Idaho - 16
Washington State College - 18

Idaho - 28
Spokane Athletic Club - 29

http://www.tomandrodna.com/foot1905.jpg - A photo of the 1905 University of
Idaho Football Team.  Idaho was undefeated that year with five wins.  The
scores were:

Idaho - 41
Lewiston - 2

Idaho - 50
Montana Agricultural College - 0

Idaho - 8
University of Washington - 0

Idaho - 5
Washington State College - 0

Idaho - 9
Whitman College - 0

Idaho outscored their opponents 113 to 2 that year.  Wouldn't it be nice if
. . . (just dreaming).

If any of you fine people have any special requests let me know soon as I
plan on scanning as many of the photos in this yearbook as I can before I
donate it to the University of Idaho Library archives.

Until then, take care and . . .

GO VANDALS ! ! !

Tom Hansen
(Idaho, Class of '96)