Re: Moscow Mardi Gras 2002

Dear karrim - you must be new to the Mardi Gras board.

Since the present Mardi Gras committee will not answer the following
questions CJ's has chosen to relinquish it's ties to Moscow Mardi Gras. The
community would like answers to the following questions:

1) Why was the Vice President of Mardi Gras not allowed in the money counting
room and her feelings were so hurt that she resigned. Yet, non Mardi Gras
members were allowed in the room?

2) Why does the board continue to spend exorbitant amounts of money on
unprofitable locations?

3) How come the tickets are not numbered for accounting reasons? I told the
committee last year was the last year CJ's will be a part of Mardi Gras if
they cannot provide an accurate accounting of money to tickets. Guess
what........the tickets were not numbered and no accounting has been
produced.

4) A thorough explanation of why 4,000 plus tickets were printed and if they
all sold at $10.00 a ticket...... would equal $40,000.00...... and according
to your last Vision 20/20 post a whopping $7,150.00 would be donated? WOW -
the bank account must be huge. We would also like to know why Vera's INK
column says $14,000 would be donated and maybe closer to $20,000. Are we
still counting money?

5) Where are the funds for the beads sold that were purchased with Mardi Gras
funds?

6) Where are the funds for the door monies collected at each Venue for
individual Venue sales and "at the door" tickets?

7) While I was on the committee I am well aware of a $15,00.00 T Bill
purchased. Where is it?

There is plenty more...............but let's start here.

Shelley,
CJ's

Back to TOC