Proposed Gym

I wanted to respond to John Cronin's comments regarding the gym and who it was intended to benefit. During the year prior to Bob's death, my brother Greg and I met with Bob and various City officials, including Mayor Marshall Comstock, City Supervisor Gary Riedner and Parks & Rec Director Randy Rice, at least half a dozen times. We had the opportunity to hear Bob's vision for the facility. His greatest wish was that Moscow kids would have a place to go after school, on the weekends and evenings. He spoke of basketball, volleyball and other activities that are popular with kids today. Not once did he state his intent to exclude anyone. His desire was to include all youth high school age or younger.

Contrary to what John claims, I believe the Dream Team design of a multi-use facility will benefit the people Bob intended it to- any and all of our youth. I look forward to hearing the exciting details about the new facility. See you tonight.

Jon Kimberling

Back to TOC