Re: Meeting on the Proposed gym for the Pool Complex on F Street

This post reminds me that I've been meaning to thank those people who had
the vision and the courage to make this ice rink happen. What a great
addition to this community. Whenever I've been at the rink I've seen people
of all ages there. Christmas Day someone volunteered to work there and many
families were there. People of all ages are learning to skate. It's great.
Thanks.

Lois Melina

> Actually that is no longer true.. the new Palouse Ice Rink
> (http://www.icerink.tv/) offers family skating for all ages, including
skate
> rentals down into the tiny tots sizes... the youth hockey program begins
at age
> 5, and I believe the figure skating programs do too... I have seen many
parents
> out with their very young (<4) children during the day and early evenings
at
> the public skating sessions.
>
> If they spend $4 million on a gymnasium and put the rest in trust to pay
for
> its upkeep, many programs that could benefit from even a small portion of
the
> fund will be left out in the cold.
>
> - Keith
> Howe