Re: Airline: Removed Agent Was Hostile

At 08:35 PM 1/9/2002 -0600, P C wrote:
>Wow Bob, you really are quite emotional aren't you?  LOL!  Here, read
>the article attached after the bottom line.  Speaking of the bottom
>line, the Captain (ultimately responsible for everyone's safety aboard
>his or her craft) makes the determination of what constitutes a danger,
>threat, or other unacceptable behavior or circumstances he or she deems
>a threat to the craft, crew, and passengers.  As a previous commander, I
>know this first-hand.  Also, regarding the Chevron scenario -- as I
>recall you stated they were murderers or words to that effect.  They had
>the opportunity to rebut your allegation.  Cheers!
>http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20020103/us/agent_removed_2.html

Phil, I won't pretend that I can teach you the powers of critical
analysis.  I'm sure that others on the list would agree that the article is
a lot of "he said--she said."  So why would you believe a major corporation
before you believe a Secret Service agent who guards the president?  Are
the people who surround the president all unprofessional?  Or just the Arab
ones?

I'll point out an interesting passage from your link:

         The pilot said his
           suspicions were aroused in part because a flight attendant said the
           passenger was acting strangely and she found a book with Arabic
           markings among his belongings.

Wow.  Being able to read and write Arabic is cause for suspicion.  No
racial profiling here.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843