No Subject

Visionaries,

A student sent this to me ... don't know who composed it, but I thought many of
you would appreciate it.

Susan

One

As the soot and dirt and ash rained down,
   We became one color.
As we carried each other down the stairs of the burning building
   We became one class.
As we lit candles of waiting and hope
   We became one generation.
As the firefighters and police officers fought their way into the inferno
   We became one gender.
As we fell to our knees in prayer for strength,
   We became one faith.
As we whispered or shouted words of encouragement,
   We spoke one language.
As we gave our blood in lines a mile long,
   We became one body.
As we mourned together the great loss
   We became one family.
As we cried tears of grief and loss
   We became one soul.
As we retell with pride of the sacrifice of heroes
   We become one
people.

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC