Re: this applies to Iran and Iraq as well!

>Freedom is great... with it comes great responsibility.
>Are we too lazy to be responsible?

I assume this was rhetorical, but I'll take a shot anyway.

Yes.  Humans are too lazy.  Intelligence is no substitute for morals.
Morals are seriously lacking.  Selfishness is not.

Look to the animals.  Do you see much responsibility there?  Nope.  Let's
not fool ourselves that we're some super-intelligent species.  We are not
that far removed from animals.  My evidence would be the Tuesday attacks,
and man's inhumanity to man which occupied the whole of human history prior
to that.

The worst thing about intelligence is that it allows us to belive that we
are that which we are not...

Erik
Idaho

Back to TOC