RE: Soccer Fans Attempt to Burn American Flag

Greetings -

I tend to disagree, Shahab.  Sure.  In the long run, when the going gets
tought and bloody, some allies may drop to the wayside.  But, I strongly
believe that most of them (those that truly count the US as a friend and
ally) will understand the meaning of Article 5 of the NATO Pact, fearing
that they, too, may experience a World Trade Center type of terrorist action
in their own back yard.

Tom Hansen