Re: this applies to Iran and Iraq as well!

<<I'm not sure what "Your brother in arms" is intended to convey, but the
President reiterated tonight before Congress, "If you are not with us against
terrorism, you are against us."  To not support the U.S. and its chosen
course of action in this fight is to turn a blind eye to the potential of
even greater devastation in the future.>>

This is apparently the paragraph that "my brother in arms" and Tex have taken
to be a comment against Shahab's patriotism.  It never entered my mind.  My
point was that in light of the enormity of the terrorists acts to worry about
what we have done, to worry about the way our government proceeds against
those who did this and others who might do similar or worse acts is begging
the question.  I said, "To not support the U.S. and its chosen course of
action" with emphasis intended on the latter.

If reaction to the above paragraph is that it questions patriotism is in the
mind of the reader.  It wasn't in mine.

Walter Steed

Back to TOC